Asiatic Light Micropress. My business.

twitstamp.com

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Ohm-mus sandwich

"Sun (of Man) we're STARVING"! Sounds like a personal problem to me. Yet really, I have been meaning to hit y'all with some more recipes in light of 'what do you eat all of the time'. What I DON'T eat all of the time is some lettuce and a piece of fruit (though i ain't knocking it). I gets down and my skill is attested to by former women in my life, children who be chomping it up, and anyone who sits down at my table. So to calm the masses here is my own Hummus recipe with my Sweet Potato chip recipe with my Harissa recipe.

The whole sandwich is called the Ohm-mus special.

Now the Sweet Potato chip recipe is fairly simple yet you'll need a dehydrator. If you ain't got that kind of dough check out how I made a simple DIY solar powered dehydrator. Make a batch. You'll have to dehydrate around 24 hours. Basically cut up some thin slices with a mandolin or something and I spritz them with a light coating of olive oil and cayenne pepper.

For the Harrisa here are the ingredients. As people know I'm walking on the raw foodist path so alot of what I do is from that direction. You can substitute things for certain steps to expedite time. I find that preparing a meal over time is quite fresh. I actually plan in advance meals and something that took a couple of days to rock is all of that.

Some Garlic Cloves Sliced
Some Fresh Lemon Juice
Tomato Paste
Paprika
Cayenne
Cumin
Cup Olive oil
Sea Salt and Black Pepper

* Smash the garlic into a paste and add it to a bowl with a pinch of salt
* Add tomato paste and lemon
* Add spices, Mix

You're going to have to figure out the spices to taste. I use a pinch here and a dash thee.

For the Hummus I soak the beans over night yet you can get some canned ones.

2 cups garbanzo beans
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch paprika
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley

mix that up in a blender or food processor.

I throw some nice romaine up there with the chips mixed in for a secret crunch hit it with the sauce on the pita and yeaahhhhh.

bite. repeat.

No comments: